November 29, 2023
For drivers in Alberta and Saskatchewan, finding a reliable place for tire repair is essential. As much as we wish they would, tires don’t last forever. They’re subject to tread wear, puncturing, and other damage. That’s why it’s so important to have a go-to place for your tire repair and maintenance needs. If you’re searching for tire repair near me, your search stops at Ward Tire.
Ward Tire, with locations throughout the province, is that go-to destination for all tire-related needs. Whether it’s a simple flat repair or a complex issue, our team of experts is equipped to handle it. We’ve provided our technicians with the latest tools and technology so they can get the job done faster, and more efficiently.
If you’ve got tire issues, don’t hesitate to call us or schedule an appointment. We have plenty of experience when it comes to tire repair and maintenance and can fix any tire size. Read on to learn more about the necessity of tire repair and it’s process.
Common Signs Your Tires Need Repair
To avoid getting stuck on the side of the road, it’s important to recognize the signs that your tires may need repair. Some common indicators include:
- Visible Damage: Check for cuts, punctures, or bulges on the tire surface.
- Air Pressure Issues: If you’re constantly needing to inflate your tire, it might have a slow leak.
- Vibration While Driving: Unusual vibrations may suggest internal tire damage.
- Tread Wear: Uneven or excessive wear can indicate alignment issues or the need for tire replacement.
Regular visual inspections and maintaining tire pressures within manufacturer recommended levels are key to identifying issues early.
Why Timely Tire Repair is Crucial for Your Safety
Neglecting tire repair can lead to serious safety risks. A damaged tire can affect your vehicle’s handling, making it difficult to control, especially in challenging road conditions. Furthermore, a tire blowout can result in a dangerous situation not only for you but also for other drivers. Timely repair ensures your vehicle remains safe and reliable, giving you peace of mind while on the road.
Repairing your tire on time can actually be a means of saving money as well. Getting a tire patch or plug done is much cheaper than having to prematurely replace a tire. Plus, your fuel efficiency is better when your tires are healthy, so you’ll save on gas costs too.
The Different Methods of Tire Repair Used at Ward Tire
At Ward Tire, we use various methods to repair tires. Depending on the nature and severity of the damage, there are various methods we can use:
- Patching: For small punctures, a patch can be applied to the inside of the tire, sealing the damaged area.
- Plugging: Plugging involves filling the puncture from the outside, which is a temporary fix for minor damage.
- Combination of Plug and Patch: This method offers a more durable repair by addressing both the interior and exterior of the tire.
Our technicians will conduct a thorough inspection of your tire to determine the best repair. We’ll do our best to ensure both the safety and longevity of your tire.
Repair vs Replacement: How To Know Which Action is Necessary
Deciding whether to repair or replace a tire depends on several factors:
- Location of Damage: Punctures in the tire’s sidewall or near the edge of the tread are typically not repairable.
- Size of Damage: Larger punctures or cuts usually require tire replacement.
- Age and Wear of Tire: Older tires or those with significant wear might be better off replaced.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Some manufacturers have specific guidelines on when tires should be repaired or replaced.
Ward Tire’s experts will help you make an informed decision based on a detailed assessment of your tire’s condition.
Schedule Your Tire Repair or Maintenance Appointment Today with Ward Tire!
When it comes to tire repair and maintenance in, Ward Tire is your trusted partner. With our skilled technicians, state-of-the-art equipment, and commitment to customer service, we ensure your vehicle gets the best care possible. Whether you need to find tires of the right size, require a routine check, or have a tire emergency, our warranty approved services have got you covered. Schedule an appointment at your local Ward Tire today and experience top-notch tire care.Back